Blog 2

My son is a 13 years old and I will have “The Talk” with him pinpointing 4 main topics.  I will follow the CDC guidelines because I do agree with their flow of the topic. We will discuss this as casual as possible while sitting on the couch.  You can’t just have this conversation; you have to set boundaries and rules with your teen.

Image result for Sex education for pre teens images
The science of sex and reproduction.
I will be honest and truthful.  I will explain his questions to the best of my knowledge.  I will let him know that people have sex not only for reproduction but for pleasure too because it feels good.  I will also provide age-appropriate books and information on this topic.

Image result for Sex education for pre teens images
The natural changes associated with puberty.
I will explain how boys will have unwanted erections and wet dreams, so that these occurrences won’t catch him off guard. Puberty brings about dramatic physical and emotional changes that may be frightening to an unprepared child.  I will explain about how hair will start in places that didn’t have hair.

Image result for Sex education for pre teens images
Emotions, Feelings and Relationships; what is healthy versus what’s toxic behavior.
I will tell him to think about his own moral, ethical and religious sexual standards. I will let him know that certain desires are normal and try to explain the difference between healthy urges and unhealthy ones. I will discuss signs of toxic relationships. I will explain that relationships are about respecting yourself and the other person and having consideration for your partner’s feelings.



 Being comfortable and what makes you uncomfortable.
I will let my son know that he can discuss anything with me, whether it’s embarrassing for him or not. I will let him know that no topic or questions are off the table.  We will discuss everything from masturbation to condom use. We may even have a “How to” demonstration.

Image result for Sex education for pre teens imagesImage result for Sex education for pre teens images


Resources:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 4

Blog 1